3.03.2008

ME versus ME


K - one more poem I got in me before I go back to my other works...

Not that I'm big on astrological signs or anything, but I'm a gemini and have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder (not that either are anything more than an excuse to act two faced) - anyways...here it goes


My clashing identities are destined and doomed to be rapidly racing
To some finish line of mine
Where my highs are highs and my lows more sedating
LOOK, I'm dreaming in a nightmare with my eyes wide shut
My thoughts fill with ecstasy
While simultaneously screaming "WHAT THE FUCK"
I can't decide whether to weather the storm or flee
It's impossible to have piece of mind
When there are two inside of me
Dreadfully delightful duality shouts muffled voices crystal clear
The temptation to confidently confide in defeat is prevalent
But death is more appealing than living a facade of courageous fear
Self-destructive tendencies inundate my brain
Cliche sayings scream, "one life to live!"
So why can I only sadistically succeed in a constant state of pain
Soon I'll offer the fruits of my labor to life's insatiable appetite for answers
But the seed I've sewn aren't quite ripe
Undoubtedly dreading their decimation and my transformation into a stagnant advancer
I don't know exactly when, for the forecast is visibly clouded by my plight
You see, it's hard guaranteeing a plentiful harvest
When my days are filled with darkness and my nights are desperately searching for light

No comments: